Alcohol Bonds, The Ultimate Guide

Opening a business  that serves alcoholic beverages is a great opportunity that comes with a lot of responsibility. Certain businesses must post a surety bond with TABC before they can get their license or permit.

3 types of surety bonds might be required:

Conduct Surety Bond

You will need this if you’re a retailer who does not hold a Food and Beverage (FB) Certificate. The amount of the bond is based on your business’ distance from a public school:

  • $5,000 bond — Businesses more than 1,000 feet from a public school.
  • $10,000 bond — Businesses less than 1,000 feet from a public school.

Performance Bond

You’ll only need this bond if you meet all of the following criteria:

  • Your business is located in Bexar, Harris, Dallas or Tarrant counties.
  • You’re a holder or applicant for a Retailer Dealer’s On-Premise License (BE) or a Wine and Beer Retailer’s Permit (BG).
  • You do not hold a Food and Beverage (FB) Certificate.

If all the above points apply to you, you’ll need a $2,000 bond. This amount will increase if you violate the Alcoholic Beverage Code or TABC Rules.

Typically premium for these 2 type of bond is based on applicant credit worthiness, however JM Surety is able to offer these bonds at a fixed rate regardless applicant’s credit score, in fact we do not require applicants to provide their SSN.

Fee Interest Bond

You’ll only need this bond if you’re participating in an alternating brewery proprietorship or contract brewing arrangement and:

  • You hold a Nonresident Seller’s Permit that has a Nonresident Brewer’s License as a subordinate
  • Or you hold a Nonresident Manufacturer’s License and you do not own a fee interest in any brewing facility.

If one of the above situations apply to you, you’ll need a $30,000 fee interest bond.

We know that obtaining an alcohol permit can often be difficult and time consuming, we also know that in business time is money! That’s why JM Surety is proud to work along with Texas Alcohol Consulting to make sure that the whole process, licensing and bonding, can be smooth, quick and cheap!

Texas Alcohol Consulting makes the alcohol permitting process very easy. Added bonus: they offer a FREE initial consultation!

Check their FAQ page if you still have unanswered questions, check it out here

So either you are a new applicant or an existing bond holder do not hesitate to contact us or apply directly here.  We guarantee the cheapest rates available and the fastest turnaround in Texas!

Get a FREE Surety Bond Quote in MINUTES!

Most Bond Types
  • Page 1
  • Page 2
  • Page 3

Click here for Adjuster /Surplus Lines Bond
Click here for Title Bond

Are you an insurance agent? Click here